Thursday, July 23, 2009

Revelations!

Why is it that some things are so commonly said, heard or read yet not experienced as true? For instance, God tells us to obey His Word and seek it when we get up all the way till we lay down! I have been moved by the way God is revealing this very simple, basic Truth in a completely profound way. Often I find myself reacting to decisions in the best way I can imagine. I think choices through, evaluate possible outcomes I forsee, and rationally decide what the best choice would be... sometimes I even pray! I believe the problem with this lies in a faulty but high self-esteem. I assume that I have read enough scripture and that I know the scriptures so well that God will automatically use my brain, my prayers (not the listening kind by the way:) and thought processes to know His Will! Unfortunately, my thought processes keep wandering astray. This approach leads me to make daily decisions I see as good and Godly based on feelings, assumptions or distant memories of what I have read or heard. When things do not turn out the way I imagined, I get frustrated and subtly blame God.

If His Word is true, it should prove true every single time! I follow His principles and He has told me what the outcome will be if I have faith to obey. Often the outcomes are skewed which forces me to go back and evaluate the process. Is the scripture not true? OR Is it my thinking that got distorted?

Recently I made a conscious decision to seek God's word daily. I decided to present as many of my life's choices to Him (and hold them against scripture) as possible BEFORE making the decision. He has AMAZED me because His solutions are often so far from what I was "imagining" before I ran it by Him. Ouch!

I have been a Christian for almost 20 years. I consider myself fairly knowledgeable of the scriptures. My thinking still takes me far from what God reveals to me when deeply immersed in His Word.

Perhaps, one of Satan's best weapons is to convince us to make "Godly" decisions... just don't read scripture or listen quietly in prayer before you do??

God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment