Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Dear Daddy,

I have a song I'd love for you to hear... if I were a musician I would have written it for you myself! Just click the link below...





http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePsN-E7hm2s&feature=PlayList&p=613C76747BBBADC8&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=17





Jesus gave me a story to share with you too! The amazing thing about this story is that Jesus spoke these words before He died... before He showed the world He would break the physicals laws of His Creation! What I believe sets Him apart from any other religion are His Truth and His miracles... as a scientist, I know there is NO ONE who can break the laws of this world. Yet, Jesus did!





The story is called The Rich Girl (that's me:)!!!





There was a rich girl who was dressed in purple and fine linen and lived in luxury every day. At her gate was laid a beggar covered with sores and longing to eat what fell from the rich girl's table. Even the dogs came to lick his sores.





The time came when the beggar died and the angels carried him to Abraham's side. The rich girl also died and was buried. In hell, where she was in torment, she looked up and saw Abraham far away, with the beggar by his side. So she called to him, "Father Abraham, have pity on me and send the beggar to dip the tip of his finger in water and cool my tongue, because I am in agony in this fire."





But Abraham replied, "Daughter, remember that in your lifetime you received your good things, while this beggar received bad things, but now he is comforted here and you are in agony. And besides all this, between us and you a great chasm has been fixed, so that those who want to go from here to you cannot, nor can anyone cross over from there to us."





She answered, "Then I beg you, father, send the beggar to my daddy's house, for my daddy still lives and I have a brother. Let him warn them, so that they will not also come to this place of torment."





Abraham replied, "They have Moses and the Prophets; let them listen to them."





"No, father Abraham," she said, "but if someone from the dead goes to them, they will repent and believe."





He said to her, "If they do not listen to Moses and the Prophets, they will not be convinced even if someone rises from the dead."





I love you daddy! When I was with Grandma Harris, the days before she died, I gave her my word. I told her I would continue to love both you and Lonnie to Christ. She died knowing God was faithful to rise up someone to continue loving her boys for God. Although unresponsive, she clearly communicated she knew what I was saying and she trusted God to use me. I have failed her and God miserably. Forgive me... I have told you I loved the Lord and let my failures represent His Kingdom. I represented Him as self-righteous and judgemental. I represented Him as no fun, unloving and depressed. I will continue to represent Him but my prayer is that as He becomes more a part of me, my life will better represent His Love. I will still fail! My hope is that you will look past me to the God who loved your mom in the midst of her failures, who loves me in the midst of mine, and who has loved you so much from the day you were conceived!



Praying continuously for you, being joyful that God gave you to me as my daddy, and giving thanks for the blessing you have been in my life...

Love, Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment