Thursday, September 30, 2010

Two of Me?

I recently read an extremely insightful online book by David Wilkerson titled, "Two of Me: The Struggle with Sin." I found so many nuggets of wisdom and heard God's voice speak to me through so many of the words, I thought I would copy my journal notes here.

1) We are all SINNERS (surprise:)
(Actually, being surrounded with upper middle class suburban Christians in just about every area of my life, sometimes I forget this truth!)
Sin primarily manifests itself in two ways:
a. Appearing insignificant and harmless
b. Seeming intoxicating and pleasurable and cozy creating a counterfeit peace so that
the sinner does not FEEL like he is sinning.
*The satisfaction that sin creates is based on illusion. It is a false freedom founded on error and when the illusions fades, there is nothing left but sorrow and despair.
*Sin leads to depression. Sin causes PRIDE and Pride aborts all desire for the truth and righteouness.
*Sin causes total self-delusion. It causes its victims to become unacquainted with themselves so they don't know what they really think. (confusion and ambivalence)
*Sin is most desperate in a sinner when he is hearing the Call of God!!
*The cause of the deepest internal distress is the maintaining of some SECRET SIN:(

2) Our sins make us SLAVES
*You can never find deliverance from your sin until you accept your responsibiltiy to deal with it.
*You must want FREEDOM!
*I was not born to be a slave!
*I am not a DEFECTIVE CREATURE!
*I will LEARN to BE FREE!

3) A Plan was devised for our FREEDOM!!!

RESULTS
1) Believers are no longer slaves to sin.
*The issue is DEAD!
*This matter is not negotiable!
*I AM FREE!
*I have died to sin; why do I go back and pick cotton for the devil??
*And if I do return to the cotton fields, I AM STILL FREE TO LEAVE ANYTIME I CHOOSE!
*NO ONE can force me to stay in slavery.
*Sin doesn't die for believers but the SLAVERY to it dies!
*SO GET BUSY AND DISCIPLINE YOU WILD AND STUBBORN WILL!

2) Freedom from Sin's Slavery must be accepted by FAITH!
*I have to break free of believing sin provides ANYTHING GOOD!!
*He wants me to trust Him with my MIND!

3) Believers are supernaturally helped in their hour of temptation!
Just as a parent helps a child thru struggles, God is present to guide and help us.

No comments:

Post a Comment